Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Illustration Friday - Ferocious

I'm a Lover, Not a Fighter
15 x 24
Pastel on Paper

This is Romeo the Papillon .  He was once accused of being ferocious at the pet store because he growled at a much bigger dog that was eyeballing him.  The owner of the bigger dog became nearly hysterical and proclaimed to everyone within earshot "That dog needs a muzzle!"  Romeo is more than happy to stay home on the couch, big ferocious dog that he is.  He has also been accused of being a humming bird.  I think that is a better description.  He is constantly in motion.  This was one of the few times that he held still long enough for me to capture a quick likeness.

1 comment:

  1. My Pomeranian, Louie, gets into that pose on my couch too. Your Romeo is adorable. Sometimes I think little dogs need to show more bravado so big dogs steer clear of them. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

I am a comment junkie! Please tell me what you think!